1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Need Harness Info for MM2

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by Doakster, Sep 21, 2008.

1. Doakster

Doakster Senior Member
    from Maine

I friend of mine might buy my old MM2, it came off a 03 Ford and his truck is a 2002 GMC

My question is what part of the truck harness does he need to buy, I pulled the entire harness off my Ford, it's a 4 port module.

My thought is that he only needs the part of the harness that connects from the module to his head lights for his truck, correct?

2. nickv13412

nickv13412 Senior Member

He should need to buy the headlight harnesses, and a different Isolation module. He should be able to use the power harness and the control harness. EMatch on fishers website will give you the part numbers needed, just make sure that you have the 4 port module option selected, not the 3 port

3. Doakster

Doakster Senior Member
    from Maine

Why would he need to get a different isolation module, I was thinking all he would need was the part of the harness that goes from the current isolation module to his head lights? I'll do some checking on eMatch.

4. Doakster

Doakster Senior Member
    from Maine

I think I figured it out, I ran the ematch on his truck and then mine both for a 4 port module, the only thing different is the peculiar attachment kit (which I think is the push plates) and the peculiar headlight kit(which I think is the vehicle head light harness). Everything else is the same part number so it all can be reused.

I was thinking this was all he needed and looks like the ematch confirms it.

5. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Only problem with your research is the fact that the peculiar light kits INCLUDE the correct Iso mod for the application...and they're two different modules between the peculiar kits these applications require. The kit that the Ford requires (p/n 8436) includes a white label Iso mod. The 8437-1 kit for the '02 GM comes with a green label Iso mod.

So your not just buying the adapter harness's...your buying the adapters and the Iso together. I'm sure you would have discovered that at order time as you would have questioned a set of head light adapters that cost $300. :eek:

6. Doakster

Doakster Senior Member
    from Maine

So the module comes with the peculiar light kit? Or it's separate? With my ExV the module was separate so I would figure it would be here. That's odd that the eMatch doesn't indicate anything about green/white, it just asks you for 3 or 4 port module.

So explain the head light adapter, are they just another plug that can adapt for the right bulbs? Got a part number?

And what's going to be cheaper the adapter or having to order the peculiar light kit and the right module?

Last edited: Sep 22, 2008
  7. nickv13412

nickv13412 Senior Member

I may be wrong, but i think by adapter B&B means the actual headlight harnesses. I believe the GMC uses the harnesses for the HB3/HB4 Headlights with daytime running lights. The module does come with the peculiar light kit (Headlight Harnesses and Iso module) while the power and contol harnesses are separate(and will work on his truck) EMatch used to say the specific isolation module needed, but i think they "updated" it and it no longer provides this information. Ebay can be a good place to pick up the harnesses and module used, i picked up a module for my truck for 60 bucks on ebay, much cheaper than getting new parts from a dealer. Hope this helps - Nick

8. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Yes on the 4 port systems the module is included in the peculiar light kit. On the newer 3 port systems the module is not included in the kits.

If you look up the contents of the peculiar kit p/n that Fisher provides you will see that the p/n breaks down into the specific components of the kit. And for the '02 GM pec kit #8437-1...that includes:

26360-1 Plug-In Harness, HB-3 & HB-4-A, Long
    26361-1 Plug-In Harness, HB-3 & HB-4-A, Short
    26357 Vehicle Lighting Harness – 11-pin
    22381 Battery Adapters, Side Terminal
    As well as the 27781 Isolation Module – which is the green labeled module.

The plug in harness's listed above are your "head light adapters" that I refered to.

If you have everything else and all you need is the plug in harness's and correct Iso module, then thats all you need to order from the list above. No reason to order the entire kit.

9. Doakster

Doakster Senior Member
    from Maine

Clear as a bell now, any idea what the price of all the above listed items go for?

10. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

The plug in harness's and Iso mod will run you around $240 or so.

The complete peculiar kit is closer to $300 just for refrence.