1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Need Harness info for 1991 S10 Blazer

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by CRTurboGuy, Oct 30, 2008.

1. CRTurboGuy

CRTurboGuy Junior Member

I just picked up a 6 1/5 foot Western Unimount used that came off another S10. I got the truck's mounting brackets, but didn't get any of the wiring except for the joystick. Can anyone help me to figure out what I need? I've tried looking at Western's site, at a PDF titled 22373.05_070105.pdf & it appears to have some info. Best I can tell, I need the following:

61546 - Headlight kit
    8439 - Isolation module kit
    26353 - Long plug in
    26400 - Isolation module
    I also see mention of a short plug in thing - do I need that? What is it?

Any way to get this all in a kit? Is this everything I need? Thanks in advance,

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Congrats for giving the research a good shot on your own Josh. Many won't even go that far. :salute:

Only thing is, you have both the older relay type system wiring components (like your Unimount uses) in there as well as the newer Isolation module style components.

On your old Uni you'll need the following....

61546- Plug in harness (you have that one correct)
    61169- Vehicle side battery cable harness
    22511- 22" battery cable
    56131- Under hood motor solenoid

Now for the main control/lighting harness, you'll have to check the pins on the plow side plug to see if there's 9 or 12 contact pins in the connector plug.

If it's a 9 pin, you'll want p/n 61437 control harness.
    If it's a 12 pin, you'll need p/n 61557 control harness.

The 9 pin is the most common but it could be either.
  3. CRTurboGuy

CRTurboGuy Junior Member

Thanks for setting me straight B&B. Is there a preferred online vendor for these parts?

4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

5. bill 4.3l 5spd

bill 4.3l 5spd Junior Member

on my 94 s10 blazer i just wired it up directly to the headlight plugs, they were pretty corroded and i was going to have to replace them anyways, but since the plow lights were brighter than my regs i just kept them like that.