1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Need Hand Held Mount Bracket

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by rec067, Nov 29, 2002.

1. rec067

rec067 Member

Any body know if they make a bracket to hold the boss hand held control to the dash while not in use? Where and expected cost ? Would another brands mount work? Thanks for any help and or advise.

2. SCAPEASAURUSREX

SCAPEASAURUSREX Senior Member
    from NJ

If BOss does not have one, check out the western cab command.. it appears to be very similar, have not seen in person, but from pics it looks the same.... or just jam it into your cup holder.. thats where I stuck my western cause I didnt want to drill any holes in the dash....... I saw one of the guys here on plowsite had his run up the left side door and rested into the door handle / arm rest.. looked good , think it was a chevy, and the bottom of arm rest was open, I have a ford and it's closed so that would not work for me unless I started hackin away........

3. ceaman

ceaman Senior Member

My Boss handheld came with a mount.... call your dealer. They should get one for you.

4. Ohiosnow

Ohiosnow Senior Member
    from Ohio

Here's mine rec067

Just 2 short pcs. of velcro to keep firmly in place.

truck inside.jpg

Last edited: Nov 29, 2002
  5. bgrover

bgrover Member

Ohiosnow, I like the way you mounted the control. Unfortunatly I use my right hand so I'm still thinking.

Ceaman, mine came with a "mount" if you could call it that. Mine was a pice of metal with sticky tape on the back and a magnet that attaced to the back of the control. The magnet is still there but the metal came off my dash where I had it mounted. I've thought about drilling a hole in it and screwing it on but don't really like the idea.

Right now I leave mine lying in the cup holder of my center console ('95 F250 auto). The biggest problem I have is when I need to change gears.

6. ceaman

ceaman Senior Member

I used that piece of metal and attached it to a piece of strap metal to attach it to an existing screw in the dash.

7. snowplowjay

snowplowjay Banned

My western hand held came with a mounting vee thats supposed to be drilled in in order to mount it. Instead of drilling i got a piec of velcro and mounted it on the dash. Looks good as if it were permanently mounted.

Jay

8. rec067

rec067 Member

Thanks....good stuff

I had the idea that Ohiosnow posted, guess he confirms that it works well. I added a zip tie for now till my velcro sets up. I heated the area with a blow dryer but wasn't sure it would hold with use. I have always used my left for the plow control so it fits right in.:)

9. ceaman

ceaman Senior Member

This is a picture of how I installed mine

2003 ram inside left close 2.jpg

10. NPC2002

NPC2002 Junior Member

I did what ceamon did, works good

11. scott zinsli

scott zinsli Junior Member

GO TO WALGREENS , get a cell phone kit, stick round tab on back of controller, put the slide holder on dash. done deal

12. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

ceaman, is that a right hand drive vehicle?

13. ceaman

ceaman Senior Member

14. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

My mistake :eek: . It's early and I hadn't had my first cup of coffee, yet. It just looked like you were shooting the picture from across the seat and the hump looked like the door frame. Oh, well, I'll stop now before I dig myself in deeper and look dumber.

15. M.C.A.

M.C.A. Member
    from WI

I KNOW THE POST IS A LITTLE OLDER BUT THOUGHT THIS WAS A GOOD IDEA

BOSS USED TO USE A METAL BRACKET TO MOUNT THE CONTROLLER NOW THEY USE A MAGNET I PUT THE MAGNET ON THE END OF A BRACKET I MADE AND MOUNTED IT TO THE SEAT BRACKET REST YOUR ARM ON THE ARM REST AND USE YOUR THUMB TO PRESS THE BUTTONS WORK GREAT AND ITS NOT IN THE WAY WHEN YOU OPEN THE COUNCEL LID JUST ONE OF MY IDEAS

PIC 1

handheld.jpg

Last edited: Jan 25, 2003
  16. M.C.A.

M.C.A. Member
    from WI

PIC 2

handheld mount.jpg