1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Need good set of shocks

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by drifter79, Oct 30, 2010.

1. drifter79

drifter79 Member
    from pacific

I have a 2500 Cummins 01 Quad cab long bed and cannot keep a set of shocks on it for longer than a year. I have been using the reflex shocks but would like to find a better set that will last seem to blow out the back shocks once a year. I tow a boat weight #3500 and a tandem that weighs about the same. What do you guys use? Thanks for any replys...
  2. MnDLawn

MnDLawn Senior Member

Try Bilstein 5100's I have them and love them.

3. drifter79

drifter79 Member
    from pacific

MnD, Thanks will check them out I do run bilsteins on a older motorhome that weighs a bunch and they work good on it. Just do not want something on the truck I have to replace once a year.
  4. RacingZR

RacingZR Senior Member
    from Maine

Bilsteins are pretty darn good. I plan to put some on my 03 next year.
  5. drifter79

drifter79 Member
    from pacific

Thanks guys I should have thought of the bilsteins in the first place. Like I said have them on a older heavy motorhome and they work great. My truck is stock so I do not think the 51000's will work but looks like the B6(HD) will do the trick Thanks again...
  6. snow7899

snow7899 Senior Member

I have a set of 5100's set up for a 2.5" leveling kit. Best shocks around!!

REAPER 2000 Club Member
    from 60050

Do you use Timbrens as well by chance?

If not I would install a set along with the new shocks.

R.J.S. SNOWPLOW Senior Member

is this true

in the summer i bought the meyer lotpro steel 7.6
    when i connected the plow to my truck it went down allot
    i went to southwest springs they installed coil springs to 2500 v10
    they told me i should replace the shocks they told me go to the dealer and get oem
    something about the shaft inside the shock is thicker then the after market ones
    note my truck is a 95