1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

need good advice on seasonals..

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Mean4x4, Jan 27, 2007.

1. Mean4x4

Mean4x4 Senior Member
    from Livonia

we currently service both seasonal and per services contracts.This is my 3rd year servicing these clients & My question to you is this: On a 1-2" snowfall do you recommend a pre-salt and then maintain a brime throughout the snow to burn it up? or wait, plow and then salt. to give you an idea: we service 3 seasonal properties totalling 100,000.00. on average to salt all three properties we're talking 8 tons of salt. We have tried both ways, using more salt or just plowing, but 2 of the properties are 24 hour facilities and there's always cars in the way so plowing them out isn't always easy. We pay 48 per ton at the local yard. Tomorrow we have 1-2" of snow expected and it's 22 degrees for a high temp. So my thought was.. start the brime upon the beginning and then maintain it as it falls?