1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

need front axle shaft

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by farmertim, Mar 5, 2004.

1. farmertim

farmertim Member

I need a passenger side front axle shaft for a 83 chevy 1 ton.
    Can't find one anywhere, would consider whole front axle, located in NW wi will come and get it if not to far away.must be in good shape...
  2. JMR

JMR Senior Member

3. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

Try a Big truck drive train ( med/ heavy duty) parts places too. I have one near me that can make up the hollow shafts and have the solid shafts in stock for a lot of different size trucks. They had all the drive train stuff I needed for a F-250 & Bronco II at 2/3's the price of Ford OEM. They were OEM, Spicer,Dana parts. I bought 2 of the solid front axles shafts, and had them shorten the drive shaft from the transfer case to the front axle. They had all the little bit's and piece's I needed. Get a few 4x4 magazines they have ads for builders and suppliers of shafts in them.
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2004
  4. farmertim

farmertim Member

I got the parts thanks for the links,