1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Need feet!

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by mudbugII, Jan 12, 2009.

1. mudbugII

mudbugII Junior Member

First winter with my "new to me" plow. After weeks of custom fabbing, got my older Diamond plow hooked up and running on my 95 chevy 2500. My issue is that this particular plow has no skid feet or bracketry for them. I went to a couple of shops around, and they only sell the skit feet themselves, not the pieces that the feet fit into. Are there any companies out there that sell retro-fit kits to add the skids to the plow? I only plow my driveway (about 700 feet long) but it is shale, not paved, and I am pushing shale when the ground isn't frozen. Does anybody have any ideas? If I have to make the brackets myself, so be it, but don't want to damage plow by welding on wrong areas. This plow, has a break-a-way bottom blade rather than the whole plow blade breaking.

2. timmy1

timmy1 Senior Member
    from RI

I've plowed with them, and without them.

To be quite frank, I'd say you're better off without.

If you really want them, purchase a set, Find some pipe that will fit over the shaft. Weld them in using some gussets. Leave room to add spacer washers top and/or bottom for adjustment.
  3. mudbugII

mudbugII Junior Member

Question Answered....

Sorry guys, guess I should have looked through the other forums before posting the question. Someone else asked the identical question earlier today. People said to make or purchase a YardGuard......I'm gonna try that route first, no welding involved :nod:.