1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

need everyones opinion

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by Starboyz66FTP, Feb 9, 2007.

1. Starboyz66FTP

Starboyz66FTP Junior Member
    from buffalo

if u guys had your choice, and the difference in price didn't weigh on your choice at all, what u get a 8' western pro plus, or an 8 1/2 mvp plus, i am buyng a 07 f350, and i have a choice of either plow, and the difference in my payment is next to nothing , whats your choice and why?? ps.. i mainly do residentials, but do doa couple lots and am looking to get more
  2. YardMedic

YardMedic PlowSite.com Addict

Never used a V plow, but I can see their uses. Scooping will help you to clean up better than just a straight blade. You'll also like the benefit of a wider blade when you are running the V straight. Given the chance, I'd take a V over a straight next time. Others here will say the same, especially given that you're talking about a 1-ton.

3. 06FX4Blizzard

06FX4Blizzard Member
    from NE ohio

if your going to be doing driveways mostly i would say the mvp.. that way you can scoop or v it when the drive way is narrow..
  4. M&M Services

M&M Services Senior Member
    from midwest

well we have 1 of each, an MVP, and an 8ft pro plus...Last year I used the 8'6" MVP for residentials,and it worked great, but was kind of big for some of the accounts..The ability to "v" and "scoop" is an added bonus and helped out with the size...Now this year we have the v doing all commercial, and I run the 8ft Pro Plus on residenial and a few commercial lots. Now don't get me wrong here, I love my Pro Plus, and I like plowing commercial lots with it, but my dad swears by the MVP for what he does..I would say though if you are looking into getting some more commercial accounts, then the MVP plus might be your best choice, you just can't beat the versatility...You will absolutely love its ability...
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2007
  5. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

If you buy the 8' straight blade you will be able to put the Western Wings on that blade. I have them on my plow. The straight blade with the wings will out windroe the V blade all day long. It will not be able to scoop as much but much better then without wings.

If you were to buy the MVP and put the wings on that you will have the best of everything.