1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Need dimentions of Back Rack

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by c.schulz, Nov 1, 2009.

1. c.schulz

c.schulz Senior Member

Ive got a GM truck1999-2006 and Im looking to build a rack for my truck. Could someone give me dimentions of theirs? Height of posts and distance between along with outrigger bars. Maybe a couple pics of corner brackets and anything else. Bar between and around brake light.

Thanks in advance.:waving:
    Chris Schulz

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 1, 2009
  2. KingDuramax

KingDuramax Senior Member

I just built one last week for my 05 Chevy. mines 72 inches wide and about 23 inches tall.
    I used 1 3/4 square tubieng and 1 3/4 flat stock. Just measure between your bed rails for the width of the outriggers as you call em. for those I used 1/4 plates then bolted it to the bed with my toolbox. Heres the link to it.
    http://www.plowsite.com/showthread.php?t=88227

3. c.schulz

c.schulz Senior Member

Nice build. Thanks for the reply. Anyone else have some input???

Chris

4. c.schulz

c.schulz Senior Member

Nice build. Thanks for the reply. Anyone else have some input???

5. c.schulz

c.schulz Senior Member

Bueller?? Bueller?? Guys??

6. f250man

f250man PlowSite Veteran

7. c.schulz

c.schulz Senior Member

Nice build. Would you mind getting me dimentions from your buddies BR? Spacing between uprights. How tall for uprights. Dimentions between 1/4 bar stocks and base. Any dimentions that you can think of. Ive got all the material just need dimentions.
    Email me at c.schulz@charterdotnet
    Thanks Chris

8. f250man

f250man PlowSite Veteran

I just sent you a pm with the dimensions from the one I built for my buddy with the Chevy. Steve