1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Need diamond info.. e60 Gmc

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by jslawncare, Dec 9, 2008.

1. jslawncare

jslawncare Member

Hi 1st post. Site looks very informative....

im trying to find out if a plow for sale locally will fit my 1978 GMC Sierra Classic 35 Dually Dump

the plow is from the same exact truck but its a 1983 (i never saw the truck personally, but i tend to beleive the guy because i found the plow by seeing the truck advertised on craigslist for sale with or without plow)

both 2 wheel drive
    the plow setup is a diamond with a e60 pump

ive been to the local plow shop and all i can get is "it looks like it should fit"...no definite answer.

does anybody know what years the frame changed or anything like that.

also need to know if there is a way to figure out what i got?
    part numbers on plow frame possibly...!?!!?
  2. jslawncare

jslawncare Member

i can attach pictures. if that would help let me know
  3. m2low

m2low Member

you have a 1978 truck, and this came off a 1983 truck - not knowing much about the 35 series, but assuming that all chevy/GMC trucks of that year use the same one ton frame this will bolt directly up. 1973 to 1987 chevy/GMC truck frames are all the same (as far as plow mount holes and bumper mounting stuff). with that being said, I would check into the 35 series truck, make sure its the same one ton frame and then its a go.
  4. jslawncare

jslawncare Member

cool thanks now where making progress.

now 4 my stupid question.

When mounting the push plates does anyone know if the plates should fit right up with no obstruction or is it necessary to remove parts then reinstall. seems like sway bar and some sterring suspesion stuff is kinda in the way.

ive never installed a plow before
  5. m2low

m2low Member

I am going to leave push plates to someone who knows them... I am not that familiar with them