1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Need Customers

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by ck_1500, Jan 14, 2005.

1. ck_1500

ck_1500 Junior Member

It only snowed twice here so far, but I haven't got any calls. I put up flyers around town and have signs on my truck. I would have thought by now I would got a call at least to find out my rate. Anyone have any idea how I could get a few customers?
  2. Mower For Less

Mower For Less Senior Member

An ad in the paper would cover more area. Also, next time it snows, go door to door and you will at least get a couple people to take you up on the offer, even if it is a one time deal. But as neighbors see you, more and more will come out to ask for your services.

3. Dave1250

Dave1250 Member

Hi just my 2 cents but most people already have plowers lined up for this season . But keep trying .
  4. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

im going back to prvt roads side streets turn arounds next year
  5. Ian03

Ian03 Senior Member

Hey CK_1500

During the storm, drive around with your light on and people will wave you over. It's how I make a few extra bucks during the storm. These people most likely never commit to a contract but will take your name and number usually and call you on an as needed basis. Good luck with it.
  6. daninline

daninline Senior Member

I put an ad in the local weekly free paper and I got 15 accounts from it and 5 people from refferals and other calls that I passed onto other plowers.

I also picked up a few from a AD i put on a board in the local store.

Most of the people that call now just want you to be on call to push the storms after it gets to the point that it's not worth it.
  7. Grn Mtn

Grn Mtn PlowSite.com Addict

Try contacting other plowers you see and ask if they need a sub, subbing is a great way to get into this business.
  8. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

My parents are in Florida for the winter. When I went over to do their driveway 24 hrs. after the snowfall there was a flyer in the door for snow removal. This person went around to all the uncleared driveways and put flyers in. Somepeople might decide then to call.