1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

need contacts for pull plows

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by n y snow pros, Jul 29, 2000.

1. n y snow pros

n y snow pros Senior Member

I know we have talked about this before but i sure could use help on which pull plow is best and where do i get them.Geoff,i will definitely take your advice about lights on the plow so you can see it and down pressure,tell me more please,otherwise some poor slob wont get there delivery of jeans from the Gap and they will blame me for it<p>----------<br>J PARKER<br>914-485-4200

2. snow

snow PlowSite.com Veteran

John-there is one brand made in NY and you can get them factory direct.&lt;a href=&quot;http://www.superplow.com/&quot;&gt;Driveway Super Plow&lt;/a&gt;. There is also Snowman Snowplows, Daniels, and others. I'm not sure of the nearest distributor for them though. If you call the company to get info, just ask where the local distributor is. <p>Bryan<p>----------<br>&lt;a href=&quot;http://albums.photopoint.com/j/AlbumList?u=993086&quot;&gt;Bryan's Snow Removal Equipment Picts.&lt;/a&gt;<br>&lt;a href=&quot;http://www.snowplow.web.com&quot;&gt;The Snowplow Homepage&lt;/a&gt;

3. GeoffD

GeoffD PlowSite.com Veteran

I own a Daniels pull plow. If i wasn't builing by own pull plows now i woulld buy daniles. I am not sure of Daniels web address, but i am sure you could find a dealer, by either sending an e-mail to Daniles of checking out the web site.<p>Daniels if my first choice<p>You don't need a trip edge<br>I don't see a reason to have the ablity to angle. As long as you have the side plates on the daniles.<p>Geoff

4. paul

paul PlowSite.com Veteran

I saw a company using a Daniel's plow on the front of a New Holland tractor last year. It was about 130 hp model with cab it handled snow falls up to 12&quot; without a problem on large parking lots, the nice thing about it was it retracted to 10' from the normal 16', with down pressure it sounded like it would work great on large jobs like you are doing<p>----------<br>paul<br>

5. Alan

Alan PlowSite.com Addict

John, I've looked a tthe Daniels pull plows, they look good to me. Not quite what I want but probably the best I've seen so far. They also make some serious plows up to something like 24' folding units for loader use.

6. miketech

miketech Guest

john i sell snowman snowplows back plows<br>they have many diff types you can call<br>me at 914 738 6071 m&j auto and truck

7. BillNero

BillNero Member

John,<p>You didn't say what size &quot;Pull Plow&quot; (Back Plow) you are looking for or what type of vehicle you are going to use it on.<p>If your looking for something 8' wide or smaller, you may want to look at a Snowman. These units have a trip moldboard as well as a power angle option should you need it. <p>I know Greg's (Daniels) plows don't offer either of those features - but then again - given your application - you may not need it.<p>Daniels also offer wider back plows than 8'.<p><br>As far as lights go - I would think two 4&quot; par36 Rubber housing floods would work just fine.<br><p>----------<br>Bill Nero<br>CPW

8. slplow

slplow PlowSite.com Veteran

I am going to buy a pull plow. Danielsplows.com is a good web address to check out and you can buy from the factory. I plan to either go with daniels or snowman. I am undecided. They both look good.<br><p><font size="1">Edited by: slplow