1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

need bulk salt

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by ultimateinc, Jan 12, 2009.

1. ultimateinc

ultimateinc Senior Member

hey guys need bulk salt in mich lol go figure! think every 1 does right ? anyways will take whatever can pick up with my lead thanks!!

2. lawnprolawns

lawnprolawns Senior Member

You're looking just to pick it up?

Herches in Oak Park has it i'm sure, and Michigan salt also has bulk available as far as I know. I'm pretty sure they all have a minimum load, etc, but it's worth checking into.

Not like this is close to you, but the guys at Angelos in Wixom told me they're bringing in 400 tons a day from the UK. That's a lot of salt..

3. ultimateinc

ultimateinc Senior Member

thanks actually anglelos is only a hour so i wouldnt mind taking a lead there and getting some. thanks for the info.

4. Superior L & L

Superior L & L PlowSite Veteran
    from MI

Michigan Salt i here has a wait list for deliverys

How much is Angelo's charging now?

5. lawnprolawns

sorry.. whats a lead?

They're selling it for 125/ton, but (forgot about this) I think you had to have a bulk purchase history in 2007 to get it, though that could have changed now. I'd check the website for you, but it's not loading. Also, i think that they might have a max of 10 ton/day. At least that's what the guy at the counter told me a few days ago.

I suppose it wouldn't be too hard to get around the previous purchase history part.. just have to find someone that bought some before and have them call...

They might actaully be open now for tonight, 888 angelo2 is the phone. you could call and ask.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2009
  6. Superior L & L

Superior L & L PlowSite Veteran
    from MI

Man, Angelos is alway open.

A lead is the larger and front trailer on a gravel train. The back one is the pup

7. lawnprolawns

thanks for the info. Now i'll sound cool some day..