1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Need Bulk Salt Supplier Long Island, NY

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by plowinli, Feb 3, 2011.

1. plowinli

plowinli Member

I have been using bag rock salt and just got a spreader to handle bulk so now I need to know where to buy it. We are in the Patchogue area and would like someone close by.
    Any help would be appreciated, Thanks

2. Joe cement

Joe cement Junior Member

you should try omni off of route 110 in farmingdale

3. plowinli

plowinli Member

Thanks, I'll give them a shout, but I was looking for someone closer to me further out on the Island around exit 64 on the LIE

4. Stan

Stan Senior Member

If your a legit company, Bissett nursery has salt sand which is a 20% salt ratio. Not sure if they sell salt but would assume so.

5. plowinli

plowinli Member

Thanks for the suggestion but I have already checked with bissett and the only have salt sand and I'm looking for bulk salt closer supplier to me. So far the two closest are West Babylon to the west and Riverhead to the east. I get my salt sand from GTS in Holbrook because I like their salt sand better than Bissett's.

6. Stan

Stan Senior Member

What's GTS' mix ratio?

7. plowinli

plowinli Member

20% same as bissett but I just prefer GTS, long time customer in and out no waiting

8. Chris249

Chris249 Junior Member

plowinli, where did you find it in riverhead?

9. plowinli

plowinli Member

Nu Green Landscaping 369-6319 talk to Joe or Brian

10. Stan

Stan Senior Member

They actually have magic salt. Right off Reeves ave

11. Stan

Stan Senior Member

If your in a pinch and your customer base is in E.H. you may want to try Don Mahoney. He usually keeps a stock pile for his own accounts/trucks.

12. Chris249

Chris249 Junior Member

Thanks, I have enough for now but am always looking for options. I had actually just contacted NuGreen the other day.