1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Need Bulk Salt Now!!

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by iplowmore154, Feb 16, 2007.

1. iplowmore154

iplowmore154 Junior Member

i need to find someone with bulk salt my pile got wet and is completely frozen. I need it for tonight 2/16/2007. Does anyone know where I can get it? I am located just outside west chester, Pa? Also does anyone know of anybody that has a salt pile that will sell during storms?
    Thanks in advance

2. iplowmore154

I found these guys in Malvern, Pa @ Sunrise Mulch they are open during all winter weather events. The guy there I think his name is Jerry or Joe told me that they wait for about 2 or 3 people to call and say they are coming in for salt. Then he sends someone in to stay throughout the storm. He also told me that by next year they will be set up to sell plow and salt spreader parts. He also said he is trying to work some stuff out with a mechanic that would want to work during storms. Anyway these guys seemed to be pretty cool guys. Anyway just my 2 cents

3. Turf Masters

Turf Masters Member

Locust Ridge Quarry

Try Locust Ridge Quarry out of Tobyhanna Pa.They own their own salt mine in NY State.They might deliver a Tri-axle to you.570-643-5801

Glenn.

4. XPECTATIONS

XPECTATIONS Member
    from SE PA

Try giving Mike Makowski a call! He is in the book under mulch and hauling. We have been using him for ever! He is at the end of 322 near rt 1 and 202! He always has salt and will deliver to you! Awesome hours. bestmulch.com I believe

5. iplowmore154

Thanks for the replys but I think I will stick to these guys for now. It is #1 salt and it is $85.00 a ton.