1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Need brighter light in MM1 Help !

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by livetoplow, Dec 22, 2010.

1. livetoplow

livetoplow Member

Hey

I have a 2000 Silverado 2500 with a Fisher MM1 plow. The stock Fisher lights are horrible ! I have read on the forum that others have bought Intensifires and Nite Sabers 1 and 2. My question is how do i install these lights to my setup i have now ? I am guessing the Night Saber would be easier since they are single bolt like my lights now. Just do not know how one would go about wiring it up.

Would this be the best way to get the best bang for the buck on more light on the road. I do many back roads that have no street lights and in the middle of no where and i hate praying the snow hits when the sun is still out. I can see and do my thing but rather have it lit up as bright as i can.

I think i have the old style wiring. 2 plug. I do not have a ISO box that everything plugs into. Looks like the old style with many relays. I still have to find a shop or someone to clean up the wiring and make it solid again. Just was done half ass but would like to get the light thing handled right away. I rather get new lights if i will not get a big result with different Sealed beam replacements.

Thanks all for any advice Thumbs Up

2. wahlturfcare

wahlturfcare Senior Member

i put h4 lights in in all my western plows. The stock lights are junk. The h4's are a big improvement and cost around $100 with bulbs, shipping, etc..

3. tlrlc

tlrlc Member

same problem

i am going to have the same problem,
    i have one truck with new ultra mount western with new night sabers -great lighting
    but just bought another truck with a minute mount Fisher with old sealed beam lights-i remember these on an old truck- ugghhh
    i would love to do the same...
    help please. thanks

4. DeAdZoNe

DeAdZoNe Member

For in the intensifiers you will need to bolt or weld an extension angle iron piece onto the headgear. Very easy to do, then you can just wire up the new lights with the old wires. Trust me, you wont have a problem seeing after these go in, and the bulbs change out easy!

5. livetoplow

livetoplow Member

Ok so just buy a set of Intensifiers and just use the angle iron on the headgear so i can get the lights to be spaced the right way ? I also saw someone said i need some sort of adapter for it.

Would you go with Intensifires or Nite Sabers ? I am sure the Intensifiers will be easier since they are both Fisher. Do they make bright bulbs for the Intensifiers than what come with them. I just hate not seeing and want it as bright as possible