1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Need boss vplow parts

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by AGMI, Oct 4, 2011.

1. AGMI

AGMI Member
    from NE Mass

I have used fisher plows for the better part of 10 years exclusively. I just got a boss v plow 8'2". I am very familiar with buying, fixing, using, etc fishers, but boss has seemed to be like reading greek to me so far. Basically, can someone (hopefully someone who wants to sell me some parts)help me out.

I need an a-frame. I need all the truckside parts for an 02 chevy 2500hd. I need a joystick (something similar to a fishstik please). I will probably like a price on a spare elec/hydro unit (whole unit). I will probably need a spare selenoid. I would like a snow deflector kit. And I would also like an owners manual and possibly a repair maual. If this Boss experiment goes well, I may change more plows over...

Oh, and any info anyone has on Boss plows, especially if you can compare fisher, would be appreciated.

2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

You just mentioned a whole set up,buy new at the dealer.
  3. maverjohn

maverjohn Senior Member

Go to the boss web site to get your manuals you need, buy off ebay for your parts, and do a good search on this sit for all your other needs, good luck and keep us posted on how its going

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

The mount and truck side stuff are common parts found at the forum in the forsale section. The wiring is all universal. Your truck will need headlight adapters. The wiring is as easy and cake to put in the truck, same with the mount. No drilling of the frame either. Your local dealer will have a A-Frame for you. And joystick controller. What you may want to do is just buy a whole new truck side setup for your truck, mount wiring the whole 9 yards. If you think the pump may be on the out or weak try just replacing the motor on the plow first. Once you see how easy everything is and actually see how nice all the plug and play is on the wiring is you'll love it. No stupid headlight modules and expensive parts like that. Its all very user friendly.