1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Need Bidding help on first lot.

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by LawnProLandscapes, Jul 4, 2008.

1. LawnProLandscapes

LawnProLandscapes PlowSite.com Addict

ive mostly done small lots the past years and a driveways and need help bidding my first sizeable lot. the lot is a local hotel, that has a resturant in it and a movie theatre. i still need to meet with the property manager to get some specifics but right now these are the numbers im going to base off of to get an idea of what ballpark to be in.
    Contract Type- Seasonal
    Trigger- every 2" during main operating hours (8a.m.-11p.m.) overnight accum. will be cleared by 7 a.m.
    No Salt at this time
    No Sidewalks at this time
    On average my area receives 14 2" Snowfall Events.

This year im thinning down any resi accounts and focusing on getting a couple decent commercials going. ill be using my 1 ton with 9'2" v and have 2 backup contractors i can rely on in a pinch.

Thanks for any help your able to give or any criticism you have on things i could try different.

knights inn property detailed.jpg

2. salopez

salopez Senior Member

thought my quick calculations...that lot is right around an acre...

my thought is about an hour to complete without people in the way....

hope this helps.

3. LawnProLandscapes

LawnProLandscapes PlowSite.com Addict

found out the clown who did this lot last year did it for $700 for the whole season!!!!!! :gunsfiring:

im n ot wasting anymore time even looking at it theres no way i would touch it for that much let aloone wasting any more time to bid it. gotta love the lowballers working for peanuts:mad:

4. 06HD BOSS

06HD BOSS 2000 Club Member

wanna just about to say thats a damn nice lot. very straight forward. i would give it 1 hour max, more like 30-45min. oh well therell be more.

5. iceyman

iceyman 2000 Club Member

so bid more than 700.....obvy there taking bids cuz the guy isnt gonna be doin it again.. i would bid anyway even if u have no chance of getting it...might help if they have your name on file in a pinch then u can charge them double ...

6. bigearl

bigearl Senior Member

bid it anyways and give them your insurance cert when you hand in the bid.