1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Need assistance with pricing

Discussion in 'Residential Snow Removal' started by hrsymc, Mar 2, 2007.

1. hrsymc

hrsymc Junior Member

My father passed away about a year ago now and my mom is wanting to start selling some of his stuff. He has a snowblower and we have no idea of how to price it to sell. I have searched the net to no avail. It is a Toro and it has only been used 5-8 times at the very most. It is about 3 years old now and we have some family/friends interested in it but have no idea of where to start when pricing it. I pulled the following from Toro's site:

Model #38590
    Product Name - 1232 Power Shift Snowthrower
    Product Brand - Toro
    Product Type - Snowthrowers
    Product Series - Snowthrower, Two Stage Power Shift
    Swath - 32 inch
    Discharge - Two Stage
    Engine/Motor Manufacturer - Tecumseh
    Engine/Motor Size - 12 hp
    Transmission Speed - 4 Forward/1 Reverse
    Transmission Type - Gear

If anyone can help us determining a fair price to sell at, I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks for your assistance.

2. groundbreakers

groundbreakers Senior Member

if you able to take a few pictures of these items .. might help to visually see what they are .... ( MOST ) 2 stage blowers start at $400 and go up ...

3. hrsymc

hrsymc Junior Member

No pics

Unfortunately, I live far away from my mom thus me trying to get help through the net. She is not very inclined when it comes to computers or machinery like this. I cannot find pictures of it anywhere when I search the net either. I'd know it if I saw it, so I'll keep searching.