1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Need assist in which Chevy Mount

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by wiskysnow1, Sep 15, 2010.

1. wiskysnow1

wiskysnow1 Junior Member

Looking at a '08 7 1/2' straight Boss plow for my 1999 4x4 Chevy Silverado, on Boss's website they list 2 different mounts - RTII and RT3 how do I tell which one fits my truck?
    Thanks for the help. My 99 is the new body style.

2. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

You will want the RT3 mount for your truck the RT numbers are like a generation numbering system. RT1 Very first generation boss. Mounts like the old westerns where the headgear stays on the truck. RT2 is like the western ultra mounts with the fork design. Everything comes off the truck. And the RT3 is the most current design. Does the plow come with a mount and wiring or nothing, just the blade?

3. wiskysnow1

wiskysnow1 Junior Member

Comes with all - Thanks

4. wiskysnow1

wiskysnow1 Junior Member

plow was coming off a 2000 silverado 1500 - mount is still on truck and it was not there when first looking at plow set-up. Anything special I should look for tomorrow when I view truck?

Thanks for responding...