1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Need any help please

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by axleslashdave, Jan 10, 2009.

1. axleslashdave

axleslashdave Junior Member
    from iowa

Hello all , thanks in advance for any help to my problem, I am new to this site. My problem is I have a 8 foot meyers with a e 60 pump and a touch pad. most of the time everything works fine, but here latley the plow will just take off angling to the left and continue to run the motor all on its own. you can hit the right and it will still go right but as soon as you let go it takes back off to the left and the motor continues to run, I have to get out and unplug the hot wire so it wont burn up my wiring. sometime I can plug it right back in and go again for about 15 minutes then it does it again....any suggestions?????
  2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Change the under hood motor solenoid...should fix you right up.

Angle left is the default function for the Meyer pumps, so any time the pump runs (whether you want it to or not ;) ) it will angle left.
  3. artic429

artic429 Senior Member

Solenoid..... the same thing happened to me last year and i changed that out and away i went with no more problems.
  4. sefh

sefh Senior Member

Make sure your connection is clean where your mounting solenoid. Also make sure your ground is tight and clean.