1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Need any enhanced suspension?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by qualitylawncare, Jul 31, 2004.

1. qualitylawncare

qualitylawncare Senior Member

Hey guys,

I'm getting a 2004 Ford F-350 next week and have a question.. Should I put timbrens or something similar on the truck to beef up the suspension or should I be ok?

Truck Details:

2004 Ford F-350 4x4 XL
    reg cab
    5.4 v-8 auto
    long bed
    snowplow package
    FX4 package

Plow:

8 1/2" Western V Plow (brand new)

2. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

no those have a beefed up suspension pack on them with snowplow prep group you get the heavy duty sping kit also

3. qualitylawncare

qualitylawncare Senior Member

Thanks for the info plowman

4. cja1987

cja1987 PlowSite.com Addict

Your truck would definately be fine with no upgrades, my 150 carries the plow fine without timbrens, not much drop at all. I now have timbrens only because i had alredy bought them thinking they would be necessary but once the plow was installed the front did not drop as much as i expected. Now it soes not drop at all.

5. rmartin

rmartin Member
    from mass

i've got a 2002 f350 sd. with the x code springs. I added leafs in the front along with tibrens. Front end doesnt move an inch.