1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

need answer to a question

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by robH, Dec 4, 2002.

1. robH

robH Junior Member

Well I was getting gas yesterday and some guy started talking to me, he has a set of 4 35's ( i believe SWAMPER TSL'S) and a 6 inch liftfrom a blazer fronts 6 inch spring and back 2 inch spring and 4 inch block. i told him that the tires wont fit, cause i got the 16.5 and his were for 15's. he tells me that the custom tire companmy can get a hold of 15 inch rims with the 8 lug pattern, with no problems.

I call the shop to check out the rims, they have them for 35-40 a pices for the simple white spoke rims. He says that there is not enough backspacing to do it though, How much of a problem would this be? I visualy looked at the space required, and it doesnt seem like alot. Any ideas if this would be doable and worth it, the price is right.

what exact parts should i measure? should i measure with the tire on or off? Should i measure the backspacing on the rim i currently have and go off that for reference?

2. TrailK10

TrailK10 Member
    from NH

Whats the width of the tire? I don't see why a 15x10" Rim wouldn't work