1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Need an 8' or 8.5' fisher MM1 blade Have 7.5 for drirect swap out

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by WreckerNut, Oct 23, 2009.

1. WreckerNut

WreckerNut Junior Member

Wondering if anyone had a blade for a MM1 fisher. Need 8' or 8.5' If interested in swapping for smaller blade will do even trade for my 7'6" inch blade. Please let me know ASAP. Also offing an older conventional 7'6" fisher blade... Make an offer. I can transport wherever.

2. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

Are you trying to swap just the blade and not the head gear & A frame?

3. WreckerNut

WreckerNut Junior Member

Correct... my fellow insomniac... towing sucks somtime don't it??

4. RepoMan207

from Maine

Yes it does! I got out of public towing though. Strictly Repos, and a hand full of business to business contracts. Makes life alot easier. As sick as it sounds though, I miss being on call now and again with AAA and the other road clubs....an most of all the wrecks. I still get calls from the PD to assist when the rookie drivers can't upright a car or something, but that is the extent of my excitement these days....that is unless deadbeat Joe comes out the door with a shotgun while I'm stealing his car.

Ready for the bad news.......What your doing won't work. I know, Many have tried....The measurements are off all the way around.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. WreckerNut

WreckerNut Junior Member

Damn so there is no way to get a bigger blade on the same headgear??? Couldn't swap A frames??Thats a dumb ass design. Know anyone who wants to trade plows then, lol?? That's what i get for sending a buddy to go pick up the plow I bought from the paper. I told him make sure it has 4 springs.... but nooooooo he couldn't do that or notice the sticker on the back that say 7'6". I must befriend *******es. My fault too for being a workaholic. The plow is in really good shape though, should be able to sell it and get what I need. Thanks for correcting the 4am bonehead idea.
    As for towing we mostly to wrecks and police work. Some auto repos, some equipment repos. None of that illegal park nonsense. We do motor clubs, but mostly for filler work, and to give the rookies something to do. Repos are rough down here... all urban we don't have deadbeat joe we got deadbeat "joe momma foo" with their "gats "yo I cap you honkey".... I get called a cracker so much my boss nicknamed me the keebler elf. At least dead beat joe speaks english lol!! My favorite is snagging a car out of a public housing complex on a repo and the owner comes out and tells me to get off his property. I told a guy who said that to me once that it was actually my property because I pay taxes instead of leaching off the government. Madness.... The wrecks are the best though especially the ones that need serious recovery time and make ya think. Anyways I ramble... thanks for correcting the brain fart ( I swear I know better to read the directions!!!) If you know of anyone who wants a good shape MM1 7.5er let me know I'll even deliver. Came with 88-98 chevy push plates. Thanks and happy hunting!!

6. Raymond S.

Raymond S. Senior Member

can you get some pics of it? I was trying to trade my 8' MM last year but to no avail. I would be interested if it's in relatively good shape (mechanical). Check out my other threads for some pics.

*If we swapped out the entire plow this would work right guys? I keep my truckside mount and the rest goes w/ it.*

7. Raymond S.

Raymond S. Senior Member

In looking at that diagram it looks like the mount is even different. The spread on the Aframe diagram, is that the spread of the truckside mount as well, sure looks like it.

8. RepoMan207

from Maine

It is slightly smaller. The measurements depict the over all length of the A frame, and the width of the "ears" where it connects to the headgear. The HD gear is 3" bigger then the RD/HD series.

Be safe out the Keebler!

9. Raymond S.

Raymond S. Senior Member

gotcha......

10. RepoMan207

from Maine

Hey Raymond, sorry I didn't see this before. yes it would work, the only change might be wiring the plow....It all depends what your truck is set up for currently, vs what the prospective plow is set up for. That however can be changed very easily.