1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

need alil help here.

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by Trueduelz, Nov 26, 2006.

1. Trueduelz

Trueduelz Junior Member

You may have read that im having trouble with my lift valve, does anybody know if it would be ok to heat the lift valve up to break it loose? I dont want to do any serious damage to the thing if I dont have to. Usually when you torch loose a bolt you generally arent going to reuse it. Well thats my experience anyway. Come on you old timers give this young 'un some advise.
  2. Trueduelz

Trueduelz Junior Member

ok nobody has an answer ,
    im going for it
  3. killakane138

killakane138 Junior Member

RE: need a little help here.... i got ya

had the same problem with my wastern 7'6", basiclly if you if heat that screw with a propane torch you might be able to get it out... but its 50/50 really be it really doesnt matter if you mess it up by over heating it, b/c your gonna need to buy that whole valve block anyway just be careful that when you do dont over heat it and ruin the valves themselves and distort them, but its really a crap shoot as far as if you gonna get it out with out ruining the block if you do... no harm done it needed to be replaced anyway.... your welcome