1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Need advise

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by theguynextdoor, Dec 16, 2007.

1. theguynextdoor

theguynextdoor Senior Member

Its 1 am, we have about 1 inch to 1.5 inches. I have 25 residentials that should be done by 6:30-7am. Now its a weekend so most people wont be going to work, and there will probably reach my 2.5 inch trigger at about 3 am when i would start my route. Should i plow the little bit of snow by morning? I'm in Western New york, so obviously its going to keep snowing and we will get quite a bit tomorrow. Any advise would be appreciated. What would you guys do?

2. IMAGE

IMAGE Sponsor

Sounds like your in for alot of snow... Should probally stay ahead of it.

If your on a 2.5 trigger, make sure to charge for each time your there.

3. ADLAWNCUTTERS

ADLAWNCUTTERS Senior Member

Don't sweat it. it is going to snow all day. Im sitting around waiting just like you..i will take care of my commerical accounts.Everyone else can wait. Remember it is sunday. If it was a weekday i would be out.You have to set the rules. This is my 25 th year i know what im talking about.You have to lean you don't want to spoil them or they will expect you to go out every time there is an incn on the ground..Shure you have to plow with the storm when we get feet of snow. This is just a warm up no big deal.:D

4. LwnmwrMan22

LwnmwrMan22 PlowSite Fanatic

Get out there and plow. Sure it a weekend, but it's only 10 days before Christmas. I'm sure your customers are like everyone, need to get things done yet.