1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Need advise

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by Zurveh, Jan 11, 2014.

1. Zurveh

Zurveh Junior Member
    from Canada

Hey there I'm new to the site and figured you guys/gals would give me some answers I have a 2000 gmc half ton with 7 1/2 inch lift 35 with a boss 8.2 v plow I went and got an alignment with out plow on truck and the tops of the tires tow way in steering is junk what would cause this ..passenger side is way worse then drivers side It toes out I don't ever take plow off truck seeing it's just my winter beater

2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

The lift with the tires, and If you never take the plow off, that's adding to the issues as well

3. MajorDave

MajorDave Senior Member

Was gonna say the same thing - then I scrolled down and it was said...

- also add that you have a V on a half-ton, which on adds extra/more weight than a straight blade. The 8.2 V is near 800lbs, which is a lot of pounds for that size truck!

4. skorum03

skorum03 2000 Club Member

I would ditch the lift and the huge tires. If its a plow truck then plow with it, if its for looking cool with the lift and tires then buy yourself a used 3/4 ton with a plow for plowing.

5. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

x2
    I agree.
    And your steering problems will go away.