1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Need Advise-Snowbear??

Discussion in 'Residential Snow Removal' started by newctplower, Oct 28, 2007.

1. newctplower

newctplower Junior Member
    from ct

I just bought on old cj-7 which appears to be in good shape. I was thinking about adding a used snowbear snowplow which I think I can get for ~$750.00 (including the cost of a new mount). I only want to plow my driveway which is relatively short but has a fair slope to it.

Do you think this is a good choice? I like the idea of a lighter plow. I don't want to plow a lot but really want to ease the snowblower/shovel life in the winter. I know these don't have downpressure (and you have to angle by hand) but I would also like to backdrag a bit for the garage area (see below). Any advise or comments from anyone with one of these plows is appreciated!
    ................... |...............|
    ................... |.....hill......|__________
    ................... |................................| Garage
    ................... |................_________|
    ................... |...............|....Garage.|

2. topdj

topdj Senior Member

750 is too much for a used one I just sold mine for 400 with a mount, plus I repalced the
    before he picked it up and 5 years ago I took the crappy cutting edge off and got a nice heavy 3/8" x 6"x7' one, if the one your looking at is like new maybe it could be worth

3. Rcgm

Rcgm Senior Member

Sno Bear is junk save your money or go buy a nice big snowblower and do your driveway.A snobear plow trips very easy it will trip over a dog turd I had one a long time ago and I scraped it.

Rcgm
    Brad

4. xl1200c

xl1200c Junior Member
    from nj

The snow bear is good for residential use. I used one for 2 years doing my home and my business. I replaced mine with a Western homesteader and would never go back. I have a snowbear in good working order and a extra brand new mold board ill sell you for $300. In north Jersey!

5. newctplower

from ct

Can you email me pix? I also need to check on a quote for a mount but I'm toying with the idea in spite of some of the things I've heard. Thanks!

6. Dakota2004

Dakota2004 Senior Member

Try looking in the Bargain news, you'll find the most in truck parts, keyword plow!! Home Depot has the manual plow for like 299 plus 100 for the mount.

7. newctplower

from ct

Thanks for the bargain news idea (forgot about them). Didn't see anything @ home depot but couldn't find anyone to help (like that's new)