1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

need advise on plow for 06 chevy

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by jerry andersen, Oct 20, 2006.

1. jerry andersen

jerry andersen Member

need advice on plow for 06 chevy crew cab 6.0l 2500 hd. I kind of like the sno-way with down force but don't know that much about them. tell me what you think. The plow will be for commercial work.

2. Chefdrp

Chefdrp Member

Check out the new fisher X-Blade V plow

3. flykelley

flykelley 2000 Club Member

I have a 05 chevy 2500 HD and bought my first Boss 8.6 straight and love it. I have had a western years ago and before the 05 I had a 01 that had a Curtis that I really liked. I bought the Boss because the Boss Dealer is right around the corner from my house, and the Curtis dealer is 45 mins north.

Regards Mike

4. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Great plow for your truck. Throw this same post on the snoway site and see what kind of responses you get. People who have them love them. They stack higher, cut deeper and weight less than the competition. Fishers new X-blade is a co..very similar to the Snoway design which has been around for a long time. Price wise they are very competitively priced, and Ohio is full of dealers. The wireless control and Down Pressure are the bomb. I've been pushing a Snoway for years, and the only other plow i'd consider pushing would be a Hiniker C-blade for a dedicated driveway truck or the new "scoop" but the weights are incredible compared to snoway.

5. jerry andersen

jerry andersen Member

the dealer here gave me a price $4400 installed for the 8'. what do you think

6. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

What set up? Dp, wireless, lexan/

7. jerry andersen

jerry andersen Member

yes lexan,wireless, & dp. don't remember the model #

8. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

great deal on an installed unit. Lots of luck.

9. precisionyrdwrk

precisionyrdwrk Junior Member

Check out the Fisher X Blade. I just bought an 8' Stainless Steel X Blade for my new F250
    Plow looks awesome and cant wait to see what it can do when we get some snow.

10. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

do you have a curtis dealer near by ?

11. jerry andersen

jerry andersen Member

went with snoway we will see how it does let it snow!!!!
    thanks to everyone some of really enjoy the in put

12. jerry andersen

jerry andersen Member