1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

need advise on equipment

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by Rosco917, Jul 22, 2011.

1. Rosco917

Rosco917 Junior Member
    from 02919

I have a Ford Ranger, I would like to plow my home and maybe a few homes around the area. I am currently looking at Fisher Homesteader, Boss, and Meyer, in the same entry level systems. I want to buy new, I don't think I have enough experience to buy used.
    Where is good place to purchase in RI.
    By just visiting youtube, the Boss seams really nice. Meyer seams light weight, more for home use. Fisher not as sturdy as Boss. If you have any suggestions I would appreciate it.
  2. Moonlighter

Moonlighter Senior Member

Just my two cents, if you are only going to be doing a few houses go used and save the cost of new. If you are planning on expanding then you will need to go up to a bigger truck and an 8 foot blade, but for what you are planning I would buy used.
  3. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

You should go with The Boos Sport Duty. You also might want to look into Snow Dogg.
  4. pohouse

pohouse Senior Member

Agreed. Ask your local plow dealer about a used plow. Lots of dealers sell and install used plows. Just a thought.