1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Need advise lotso pics/& ??????

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by jerrywane, Jul 26, 2011.

1. jerrywane

jerrywane Senior Member

Here the new to me Boss.#1 New blade or not? # 2 Evident its been sunbathing for a while...springs good or replace #3 It was originally on a GMC and the guy did ALOT of rewireing ,no turn signals?( see number 5photo.) # 4 Advantage me if someone trys to steal my boss with 7 pinners......Everything works but turn signals....go figure.What do you think this went to? #5 W.T.F all info is gonna help.....nothing but lil things, and any other potential problems you may think or see that needs attn,please feel free to speak!! TYVM

101_7249 (Custom).jpg

101_7244 (Custom).jpg

101_7245 (Custom).jpg

101_7247 (Custom).jpg

101_7246 (Custom).jpg

Last edited: Jul 26, 2011
  2. jerrywane

jerrywane Senior Member

continue 1st. post pics

these are just different angles of plow/truck :salute:payup

101_7250 (Custom).jpg

101_7251 (Custom).jpg

101_7252 (Custom).jpg

101_7242 (Custom).jpg

Last edited: Jul 26, 2011
  3. Jim@esitrucks

Jim@esitrucks Inactive

Plow is at least 5 years old, not sure what he has going on with the wiring...post the serial number I can tell you exactly what year it is

4. Plow man Foster

Plow man Foster PlowSite.com Addict

All i can say is WOW! Thats crazy!
    Somebody Didnt like the way Boss wired their plows!

5. jerrywane

jerrywane Senior Member

Tell me about it!!

What do you think about the blade and springs....the f ing thing works like dog and all the hydro/elec work great too,except for the no turnsignal thing advise dude please ....before December preferably:salute:

6. jerrywane

jerrywane Senior Member

Lookie see

What do you think about the blade and springs....the f ing thing works like dog and all the hydro/elec work great too,except for the no turnsignal thing advise dude please ....before December preferably

7. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

I'd say take that old mess of wiring off the plow and truck and get all new and everything will work like its supposed to. The blade isn't in bad shape. I'd be happy to plow with that thing.

8. jerrywane

jerrywane Senior Member

works fine

Thanx for the input.....but like Dad always said...if it aint broke ,dont fix itussmileyflag

9. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

When the cutting edge and mold board meet ,time to change the edge,As for the turn signal the Boss ones seem to rot a lot.may have to replace the insides of it.

10. Plow man Foster

Plow man Foster PlowSite.com Addict

Sorry for not answering the question. But instead if everything works other than the turn signals ...(you did say the headlight work right?) Just keep it the way it is. No offense since its all ready rigged and working add another 4 FLAT or seven way in the front of your truck and just plug it in like its a trailer! :nod:

PSH! I would keep the blade the way it is. I keep all my plows outside. (All boss) If you want you can get a New Cutting edge on it. If you're REALLY fancy you can take it apart, repaint it and put new decals on it.

Also as RBRONKEMA GHTFD was saying. It might be easier down the road if you rewire everything now....Because your plow never breaks in 90* weather its always on the coldest day! And with that No offense again... mess of wires its going to be hard to find the problem. Would i change it??? probably not...but then i would regret it.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2011
  11. jerrywane

jerrywane Senior Member

Thanxs

I did 3 winters in Chicago with another guys truck,so i didnt have to know all this stuff.......learnin as i goin.This site is just like arboristesite.com....awsome thingy this here intronet is,aint it.Its been getting to snow alot more than when i moved down here (6 yrs ago) and if i can make it with only 8 plowable snows a year with the contracts/agreements that i aready have presto changeo ill probly get another truck and hire a guy to drive.He is one of my tenents and drives a cement truck in the summer,and like me,aint doin diddly in the winter.Got so bored the last two years that i took my backblade on my tracter and did my 3/4 mile road and a couple of old guy/ladys and my welder buddy(i will miss hime if he ever leaves)thanx again ohh ohh i almost forgot,but the rep that is on this site sent me some fluid film and my wife is giving me funny(not haha) looks gotta go!!!:eek:

12. jerrywane

jerrywane Senior Member

seen some

I oticed that and hope that is all it is shoulda used fluidfilm dammit!!!!