1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

NEED advice

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by una 4261, Dec 20, 2009.

1. una 4261

una 4261 Junior Member
    from ohio

I have a e47 I bought whole truck off ebay guy said everything works When truck arrived plow was stuck up { oh the phone number I had for him has been disconnected] Well anyways install all new valves and solenoids cleaned and drained he had atf in it all so rams installed new lift ram was rusted all new orings installed new motor new solenoid. Pump gears seemed to spin ok Did everything but NEW crossover valve and take pump from lift cylinder . Ok put back on and went up down left right seemed to make funny noise and kinda struggled checked fluid tryed again would lift try to go right but wanted to go left[ I kno left is default] then motor stuck ran around unhooked[ motor was hot ] took off motor found pump gear not moving freely it seems to get stuck so I ordered new pump But my motor wont spin freely unless I take a wrench and spin it Did I fry the motor? also do you think I should replace crossover? I didnt think pumps on meyers went out like that. But should of known when it seemed to struggle let loose then struggle again :redbounce

2. una 4261

una 4261 Junior Member
    from ohio

I also have all new hoses and couplers Did I possibly do something wrong? any input would help I did not check motor before I put it on you assume when they are new they work

3. poncho62

poncho62 Senior Member

Can you test the motor off the pump?....sounds like you have a problem there.....If the pump gears are real tight, I would suspect something there too.

sounds like you may have already spent more than a rebuilt unit is worth.

4. una 4261

una 4261 Junior Member
    from ohio

I will check motor I thought that they should spin freely and not by having to put a wrench on it Not really spent much had most of parts already except for the pump and really dont want to spend much and will probably change crossover I just think its a shame people have to mis lead you to sell something ifs it broke just say so I really just wanted the truck Thanks for any input