1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Need Advice

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by baldy973, Jan 14, 2009.

1. baldy973

baldy973 Junior Member

I have a MMII which is approx. 4 years old. The plow has worked flawless for the entire time I have owned it. During the last storm I devoloped a leak at which time I also noticed that when angeling the plow from right back to center the blade comes to an abrupt stop which I think is much harsher then it was in the past? The plow went in for service and had some seals replaced which solved the leak issue, however, it is still coming to a very harsh stop when I angle left and stop before bottoming piston. I do not have a fishstick and understand that I don't have the easy stop function with my control but think that this is just to harsh. When I angle to the right and stop the blade stops but does not slam to a stop. Is there an adjustment? Any help would be greatly appreciated....

2. T&MSnowMan

T&MSnowMan Member

there is a screw right on the hyd. resevoir to adjust it, should be in your manual. left turn makes it float further and right makes it more abrupt stop

3. tunlrat

tunlrat Junior Member
    from mass

i have the same problem when i angle left the plow stops abruptly but angle it the other wat and it is smooth. that screw is to regulate the plow going up and down.any suggestions will help to solve this problem. thank you

4. T&MSnowMan

T&MSnowMan Member

whoops..ur right...my bad!

5. baldy973

baldy973 Junior Member

I'm not really happy right now. The plow has been problem free for years and its been worked pretty hard. I understand that the left angle for whatever reason stops more abruptly then the right angle, however, its shakin the whole truck when I stop it going left? I've done research and made phone calls but can't seem to find the problem. I called the shop that services the plow and was told thats the way fishers are. The shop is a good place with great guys who told me they would make some calls to see if they can help but I'm stressing out. This thing is abrupt enough to eventually causae damage to the plow, truck, my nerves, something.

6. BigDave12768

BigDave12768 PlowSite.com Addict

Buy a Fish Stick, Problem solved

7. baldy973

baldy973 Junior Member

I know what your saying with the fish stick, problem is, I don't like them. My control is mounted where I find it nice and convenient and I'm simply just accustomed to using it. My biggest issue is, why now, is the plow stopping so hard. I wouldn't mind a slight abrupt stop, this thing is shakins the truck.

8. T&MSnowMan

T&MSnowMan Member

your control could be sh*ttin the bed...stop fightin change and get a Fishstick!! Ive heard quite a few people complain about going to a Fishstick right when they got them because they were accustomed to using the older mounted style...but not ONE of them has complained once they started using them! You mentioned "finding it nice cause its mounted"??...when your not using the Fishstick you sling it over the column shifter, or use the clip that you mount on the dash to hang it...truth be told you might find you like change! No more leaning forward or reaching out to move your plow around...sit back, relax and use your new Fishstick..stop being stubborn!!

Good Luck....and go get a new Fishstick!

:drinkup:

9. baldy973

baldy973 Junior Member

Ya. call me stubborn and old fashion but mostly CHEAP! Maybe in the near future I'll make the change or just get used to the angle. I just can't remember it doing this before and thats what buggin the crap out of me.

10. tunlrat

tunlrat Junior Member
    from mass

i do not have a fish stick either and it did not stop this hard before it shakes the whole truck.
    i did hit an edge the last storm thats when this whole thing started so maybe something bent? Baldy if you find something out let me know. it also is driving me crazy i never did this before till the last storm.

11. Tedd

Tedd Member
    from CT

Maybe you have a bent pin that is causing resistance? Check out that all pivot points are moving freely.

12. tunlrat

tunlrat Junior Member
    from mass

I looked and i found a bent pin on the right angle ram that connects the ram to the plow could that be the problem and also a seal is leaking on that ram not a lot, can that make it through one more storm before it is fixed the resevoir is still full.thanks

13. tunlrat

tunlrat Junior Member
    from mass

also any ideas on how to get that bent pin out?

14. baldy973

baldy973 Junior Member

Tunlrat, My dealer just called me a couple hours ago after speaking directly with a fisher rep. Its just the way these plows are. Nothing bent, nothing broke, just the plow. You may have done the same thing as me. My plow started leaking last storm at the pump, just a bad seal, and I noticed the harsh left angle. I don't know if it is a new problem or me just paying more attention after finding the leak? Regardless, the rep told my dealer that it won't cause any damage and the only cure is the Fishstick which I already knew. Hope that helps....

15. T&MSnowMan

T&MSnowMan Member

heres how ya get the bent pin outta there....a punch...a hammer....and some Courage Juice (beer)...you hit it good...it will come outta there...if it doesnt...then drink more beer!