1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Need Advice?

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by RepoMan207, Oct 12, 2008.

1. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

Seriously guys, I don't want to be that guy "fishing". So I will ask you straight up. I have been plowing since I was able to physically drive my dads yard truck, but I am just now starting this year to do "accounts". I own a Repossession company and will be using Straight 8's (Fisher) on my wrecker and my pickup. Where do I begin with charging. YES I have searched and searched the previous threads. Nothing specific.

1. What is a "push" considered? is it the number of times you actually have to push the drive to clear it, or the number of times you actually go back to a specific place per storm? I am thinking the later, but I want to be sure.

2. If your from Maine, simply don't reply to this question. I could see where it would be...conflicting. I need a simple base line price here guys. Say you get 4" of snow. Simple 1 1/2 car wide drive, 50' or so feet long to a Double wide Garage door, with 15' turn around mid way up. Paved! Open it up at the base, push the lane and back drag the doors, a few clean up swipes on a final plow job if more then one trip to residence. What would one price this at. In case your wondering, the description is my drive, but I have never paid anyone to plow my place, I have simply ALWAYS had a plow and or a Blower. I appreciate the help!

Feel more comfortable giving me advice with out the "ppl" looking on? Email me direct at RepoMan207@aol.com. Thanks in advance! ussmileyflag