1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

need advice

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by wildfireman, Jul 12, 2005.

1. wildfireman

wildfireman Junior Member

:help: i just got my hands on an 87 blazer with i think a polystrene or plastic plow on it for 2000$ was wondering if any one cloud tell me if i should make some chenges on it . i have never operated one of these before. it has a fullsize 6 strobe bar on it it is equped with a modified 350 i beleve it has a 12 bolt rear end and i think the guy i got it from said he put a dana 44 in front . all kinds of highlites and a cuple more flashing lights .any ideas would be good :dizzy:

2. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

First, welcome to Plowsite. I'm sure people here will try to help with any questions. Just to make sure, though, are you asking about operating the truck or the plow? Is there any type of control inside the cab for angling and lifting the plow? As for laws governing the operation of the truck and plow on the highway, like your profile indicates, you'd be best off asking a vehicle licensing official in your state. Here, the only real difference in operating a plow truck is that you have to have a rotating light operational while plowing a public place or pulling onto a street while plowing a private place.

Regarding the plow, do you mean it has a lexan moldboard ( rather than: "plastic plow")?

3. wildfireman

it has one of those button controls i don't know what is better my friend told me that the stick controls last alot longer . as for the plow i think that is what it is it also has wings on it . :drinkup: i am in northern mn where are you

4. Mick

from Maine

I'm in Maine. Sounds like you have a handheld control vs a toggle type control. I'm still trying to figure out what kind of plow you have, but sounds like a SnoWay. It has wings? How are they attached to the plow? What color is it? Is it possible for you to take a picture of the truck and plow and a close-up of the plow and post them here?

Have you tried operating the control? As far as a toggle lasting longer than a hand held, I doubt it makes much difference. Anyway, my handheld on my Fisher is likely as old as the plow - nine years. I wouldn't worry about it.

Does it look like this? http://www.snoway.com/snow-plows-st.cfm

Last edited: Jul 14, 2005
  5. Mick

from Maine

deleted....

6. wildfireman

the plow it self is yellow and the wings are on ether side of the plow . i will get pics up as soon as i can i dont know where my camrea is right now.

7. TriCountySnow

TriCountySnow Member

87 blazer

First thing that i think you need to have done is go over it with a fine tooth comb. Truck, PLow, everything. Yellow plow sounds like a Fisher or SNo-way. if we had pic we could tell you Lastly you might want to thing about all the lights on the truck last thing you want is some one waking up at 3 in the morning screaming at you one light is plenty, and depending on what kind of plow it is, the light on them are very good there is really no need for all those lights, the just make you use more energy to power them.