1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

need advice

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by zeno, Nov 6, 2010.

1. zeno

zeno Junior Member

I have a nissan titan and I am looking to get a plow. Local dealers have me looking at western suburbanite, HTS, and midweight, Fischer homesteader, SD, and HD, and the Boss Sportduty. Any advice that you can share is appreciated. I am looking at 4-5 driveways. Also, one dealer is suggesting Timbrens...are these needed or are they trying to get more money out of me?

2. Plowtoy

Plowtoy Senior Member

I don't know what the overall width is of your truck but i would recommend a Blizzard 680 or 720 if its considered a "small or midsized truck". I have had good luck with my 680 and just bought a used 720 for this season. Timbrens will also keep you from bottoming out so it may be worth checking into

3. pohouse

pohouse Senior Member

Avoid the suburbanite and the homesteader. Too small IMO. Your truck can handle an HTS.

4. tuney443

tuney443 PlowSite.com Addict

You might want to check out Snoway plows also.Lightweight,fast,and if you want as an Xtra---down pressure.I ran one for about 5 years on 2 3/4 ton Chevy's--very nice plow.

5. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

dealer support is more important then brande
    get the Boss

6. Pushinsnow

Pushinsnow Junior Member

I would be more worried about your rear end blowing out on that Titan. I work at a Nissan/Volvo dealer, and I see the Nissan techs replacing rear ends on those Titans like there going out of style. The new updated rear ends have cooling fins on the differential cover. Look into that before you commit to buy a plow.

7. DaytonBioLawns

DaytonBioLawns Banned
    from 45458

What year and how many miles? If it is newer and low mileage... Sell it and get a real plow truck! Haha I know that seems like a smart @$$ comment but really, there are a lot of bigger/better trucks out there that are easy to maintain and have plows readily available. The market place is flooded with used trucks right now. They are dime-a-dozen!

Buy one of the big three, and never have to worry. Buy American ussmileyflag

I know this is all beat over the head.. but unless you want fixin' that truck to be your new favorite hobby I'd suggest at least a half ton and making it a chevy, dodge, or ford. What you save on gas isn't even an argument when you look at the service bill for each. I don't mean to be a d!ck or bearer of bad news. You asked for help and I gave all of the advice I could. Follow ^ dudes advice since he works for 'em. Be warned, or be broken :laughing:

8. snowtech

snowtech Member

as far at the timbrens go, i figure they are cheap enough to hope they will help in certian situations. i just had a set installed on my 08 chevy diesel. good luck