1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Need Advice? Suspention mods?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by CashinH&P, Jan 14, 2012.

1. CashinH&P

CashinH&P Senior Member

Hi, I have a 2004 chevy 1500 4x4. I am getting a plow installed to do 10-15 driveways. The plow is a 7 1/2 fisher SD MM1. It is my grand fathers plow however he does not use it anymore. He had it on a 2000 chevy 1500 and that truck squats really bad in the front with the plow on. What do I need to do the suspention to keep my truck from being damaged (as well as not looking stupid) I have plowed with a 2007 chevy 2500 for a friend but I just got asked by my landscape clients if I plowed so i figured I would go out on my own. So any advice on putting a plow on mu truck will be great

2. Hunter9

Hunter9 Member

And if you plan to grow and expand, plan to upgrade to a 2500/3500 truck in the future.
  3. CashinH&P

CashinH&P Senior Member

That is the plan get a chevy 3500 this sumer. Will my 1500 do ok with this plow on it?