1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

need advice please

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by bigjohndough, Dec 29, 2011.

1. bigjohndough

bigjohndough Junior Member

Just upgraded my truck from 2005 Chevy silverado 1500 to a 2011 Chevy Silverado 1500 ext cab.

Had to buy a whole new frame mount due to change in years.

Spent 1500.00 to have it moved over. Problem now, the new frame is larger it appears, hangs a bit lower , and the truck has a nose down profile , even with the plow on the ground with the weight off.

Bought the wife a new vehicle also, so just shelled out 50k and 1500 for plow, now hitting bottom on very small pitches, been looking at leveling options to raise the front end without a 3rd mortgage.

Bible says there is wisdom in many counselors, so I am asking for help on this. Some people have said it you raise the front end, you have to do a full blown alignment , ect.

I have only had the truck one day, not sure what is under there. nothing in the owner's manual, just says independant suspension.

Not sure if it is struts?, torsion bars? combination?

It's a 4.8l v-8 automatic with the factory wheels 17"

Please email me at bigjohndough@gmail , if you can shed some light on this for me. Thank you in advance , Appreciate your input. Brian

Last edited: Dec 29, 2011
  2. bigjohndough

Just upgraded my truck from 2005 Chevy silverado 1500 to a 2011 Chevy Silverado 1500 ext cab.

Had to buy a whole new frame mount due to change in years.

Spent 1500.00 to have it moved over. Problem now, the new frame is larger it appears, hangs a bit lower , and the truck has a nose down profile , even with the plow on the ground with the weight off.

Bought the wife a new vehicle also, so just shelled out 50k and 1500 for plow, now hitting bottom on very small pitches, been looking at leveling options to raise the front end without a 3rd mortgage.

Bible says there is wisdom in many counselors, so I am asking for help on this. Some people have said it you raise the front end, you have to do a full blown alignment , ect.

I have only had the truck one day, not sure what is under there. nothing in the owner's manual, just says independant suspension.

Not sure if it is struts?, torsion bars? combination?

It's a 4.8l v-8 automatic with the factory wheels 17"

Please email me at bigjohndough@gmail , if you can shed some light on this for me. Thank you in advance , Appreciate your input. Brian

ps , it is a boss plow, straight blade , about 4 yrs old. kinda like the second level up, with the reinforced backing.

3. welder1122

welder1122 Senior Member

chevy and gmc need timbrens in the front end and usally ballast in the bed

4. bigjohndough

all set, thanks, had a leveling kit installed today...

[​IMG]

5. welder1122

welder1122 Senior Member

oo i love the color not the plow though.

6. bigjohndough

you like green? lol

[​IMG]

z1 turbo arctic cat 177 hp... need snow in central , ny

Last edited: Dec 29, 2011
  7. NICHOLS LANDSCA

NICHOLS LANDSCA PlowSite Veteran

WTH you win the lottery, or rob a bank? You do control arms or spacers?

Last edited: Dec 30, 2011
  8. bigjohndough

ha ha ha , wife got new 2011 Chevy Cruze too....

no bank robbers, God made a way. banks got money and I got the loans...lol

used a spacer on bottom, got it up nice 3"

send snow!!