1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

need advice on with switch to use??

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by harley hauler, Nov 27, 2004.

1. harley hauler

harley hauler Senior Member

Hey everyone hope everybody had a great turkey day. So here the question of the day. I'm installing a set of whelen hide-a-ways in my rig, no big deal but my kit did'nt come with a switch. What type of switches are everyone else using? I've seen switches in a couple of other trucks that have a liitle toggle on the top and a small black button underneath it so you can change the flash pattern, problem being is they don't know where the installer got it. so any info would be great. Also can you mount the power supply right to the interior carpet?? Instruction say it needs to be mounted to a metal surface to dissipate the heat??? :confused:

2. qualitylawncare

qualitylawncare Senior Member

I order all of my electrical parts from Waytek Wire.com

These are the switches we used. Three switches side by side and drilled into the dash. If you want to see a pic of my setup let me know.

www.waytekwire.com

Item #44239

3. harley hauler

harley hauler Senior Member

if you could post a pic of your set up that would be great thanks

4. larryjlk

larryjlk Member

5. larryjlk

larryjlk Member

6. Warriorwon

Warriorwon Junior Member

I use a switch box if I'm going to have multiple switches. A switch box allows me to run one hot wire to the battery so I don't have a mess of wires running to battery or out of fuse panel.
    .( I say this because I already have plow,switch box ,duel battery hooked to extra post on my gel-cell battery)
    These are a couple of sites that I use www.chiefsupply.com and www.liteguy.com but,do a search and fine the best prices. The last one I purchased was off Ebay.
    Also these can be mounted under the dash so that if ever removed them you don't have a bunch of holes in the dash that are visible. Someday you might want to sell the truck you have now and I believe that this would help resale value.
    This also help that every thing in the switch box is fused already. Some have a larger first position larger fuse relay for light bars and such.
    These come in 4 switch to 9 switch and everything in between maybe more.