1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Need advice on Western light harnesses for 2008 Tundra using 4-port module

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by Howlinjohn, Oct 27, 2013.

1. Howlinjohn

Howlinjohn Junior Member

I have a 2008 Tundra with HB3 high beam/HB11 low beam headlights, and need to connect with my older 4-port Western isolation module.

Since the 2008 Tundra has a separate bulbs for high and low beams, and both are illuminated in high beam mode, I was advised to purchase the following to connect to the 4-port module:
    28242 short harness
    28244 long harness
    29420-1 adapter
    28027-2 adapter

Question #1 is this the best practical and cost effective solution?

Question #2: Can I utilize my old wiring harness from my 2001 Tundra that has H4 (9003) connections (single bulb w/ low-high beam filaments) by either purchasing adapters (if available), or by splicing and splitting wires?

Was able to transfer the truck side plow electronics from my old 2001 Tundra to my newly purchased 2008 Tundra. Recently purchased used 8' Pro Plow w/Ultra Mount is now installed on 2008 Tundra and it functions great. Just need to configure lighting harnesses to complete the install.

2. nealybird

nealybird Senior Member

29458 hb4 to H11 adapter kit, and the 28027-2 should work. It does on 3port, so I don't know why it wouldn't on 4port.

3. Howlinjohn

Howlinjohn Junior Member

Thanks nealybird !
    Great to hear that there's an adapter to make my existing H4 harnesses work with my H11/H3 headlights. I'll hopefully get it hooked-up this week.

4. nealybird

nealybird Senior Member

sure thing man. good luck.