1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Need advice on Western light harnesses for 2008 Tundra using 4-port module

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by Howlinjohn, Oct 26, 2013.

1. Howlinjohn

Howlinjohn Junior Member

I have a 2008 Tundra with HB3 high beam/HB11 low beam headlights, and need to connect with my 4-port Western isolation module.

Since the 2008 Tundra has a separate bulb for high and low beams, and both are illuminated in high beam mode, I was advised to purchase the following to connect to the 4-port module:
    28242 short harness
    28244 long harness
    29420-1 adapter
    28027-2 adapter

Question #1 is this the only practical and cost effective solution?
    Question #2: Can I utilize my old wiring harness from my 2001 Tundra that has H4 (9003) connections (single bulb w/ low-high beam filaments) by either purchasing adapters (if available), or by splicing and splitting wires?

Was able to transfer the truck side plow electronics from the 2001 to 2008 Tundra. 8' Pro Plow works great. Just need to connect lighting harnesses to complete the install.
  2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Try the Western fourm might get better help
  3. Howlinjohn

Howlinjohn Junior Member

Thanks. Will do.