1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

need advice on value of truck

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by stiffs_00, Jan 6, 2010.

1. stiffs_00

stiffs_00 Member

i have a 1997 f-350 4 wheel drive with a fisher plow mm1,( it does have 220,000 miles on it ) i had a accident without the plow on,bumper,hood and front side panel drivers side damage. insurance company totaled it out. i can have a salvage company pay me 300.00 for truck ( not including plow ) the truck runs, i've moved it around on my property, it does wobble a little so theres some front end damage ( not visable ) i've had the plow attached on/off to moved it out of the way. i put about 1500.00 dollars into the truck for the upcoming snow season, but was

my question is how much do you think i can sell the truck & plow as is ?

2. stiffs_00

stiffs_00 Member

oh and by the way i've trid to post some pictures but i can't seem to do it. ...download failed ?

3. Reliable Snow and Ice

Reliable Snow and Ice Senior Member

well you would be better taking off every thing from the truck parting it out and selling the plow and assembly for that year truck on craigs list..... you'll find a buyer...

4. WIPensFan

WIPensFan PlowSite Veteran

Maybe try resizing your pics.( Look in posting picture thread ) I would think you would take the $300.00 from the salvage company and sell the plow seperately. I have no idea what that plow is worth.

5. jzeller4

jzeller4 Member
    from ohio

thats hard to say without looking at it, is the frame bent ? you may get more out of it in parts,
    did they gave it a salvage title ?

6. stiffs_00

stiffs_00 Member

no salvage title, sent me the 50.00 for it.

7. Pushin 2 Please

Pushin 2 Please PlowSite Veteran

Get your $300.00 from the insurance company and sell the plow on Graigs List. I would think you could get at least $1000.00 if its in decent shape.

8. forestfireguy

forestfireguy PlowSite.com Addict

I'd go the part out route too, probably get 3-500 each for eng,trans,transfer case,bed....less for wheels/tires,drive shafts susp parts. Will take a little longer but you'll end up with more bucks.

9. linckeil

linckeil PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

the front axle alone will get $1000 all day long.

10. the new boss 92

the new boss 92 2000 Club Member

11. meyer22288

meyer22288 Senior Member

how much for the axels and leaf springs? are they damaged at all?

12. stiffs_00

stiffs_00 Member

i had just finished putting about 1500.00 dollars into it too...i did get a check from the insurance co. for a total loss

13. snowplowpro

snowplowpro Senior Member
    from NJ

hows the bed is it rusty everyone is looking for those beds
    the truck is worth parting out then when your all said and done take the frame to the scrap yard not the junk they wont give you anything for the frame

take the insurance money and part the truck if they give you whatever it is for the truck take it , i know i went threw this i have a 96 f250 4x4 i got swiped in the drivers side from the front fender to the last panel on the bed it wasnt my fault though his insurance company came took pics and said the truck is toalted i had the option of give it to them to scrap or me keeping it i kept mine they sent me a check for a decent amount but my 96 only has about 50,000 miles on it.
    i put the truck back together but you dont know what its like trying to find parts for these things.
    :mechanic:

insurance we pay all this money and get s...t back when something happens

14. truckboy

truckboy Junior Member
    from texas

There are trucks made for work, and then there are truck made just to grab attention. The F-150 Harley-Davidson that we are talking about here belong the latter category.
    ussmileyflag It does it very well and it becomes pretty apparent with the very first glance at the stunning 2010 Ford 4 x 2 F-150 Harley-Davidson. The 2010 Ford F-150 4×2 Harley Davidson comes with a base price of payup $42,690, and has a 3 year/36,000 mile of critical warranty, a 5 year/60,000 mile roadside assistance, a 5-year/60,000 mile powertrain warranty. The estimated fuel economy for the truck is of 14 mpg for city and 20 for mpg highway. So let’s ride. Every Single Inch a Harley::mechanic:
    Ford has been launching the Harley-Davidson versions of the F-150 for more than 14 years now, and the special edition pickup trucks have been a masterpiece for both the companies.

15. northernsweeper

northernsweeper Senior Member

If the box is rust/dent free it should be worth 500.00..Good rust free doors are good for 80-100 bucks each easy enough. If tires and rims are good theres another 150-200.00.. If parts were good and you were closer I would take them..,Part it out if its good!!