1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Need advice on plow set up

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by firebug130, Jan 19, 2008.

1. firebug130

firebug130 Member

I have purchased a 1999 1500 ext cab, z71, 4x4. I am looking for a good plow set up for this truck. I am not loyal to any brand, just looking for suggestions /pro's and cons.

2. ChevKid03

ChevKid03 Senior Member

The biggest thing I wanted to have when I bought mine was something that mounted FAST. That's why I got a Curtis. They all push snow the same and they all eventually break down, just gotta take care of it. I can have mine on my truck ready to go in about 25 seconds.
  3. Joshjeepcj7

Joshjeepcj7 Member

my suggestion would be to buy one with a dealer that is in your area
  4. highlander316

highlander316 Senior Member

^^^i concur. Cuz when it's snowing and you need a part or something fixed ASAP, you don't want to be driving far. Everybody wants to be plowed out 2 weeks ago :rolleyes:
  5. streetfrog

streetfrog Senior Member

I personally like Fisher on a chevy. Seems to be the best for it. I have tried several. As far as a dealer close that is nice BUT also check the area autoparts stores. Not the chain type, ie autozone Pepboys etc but the regular ones like Robbins Napa etc. See what they carry for plow parts like hoses pistons solenoids etc.as they are usually cheaper and easier for quick parts. Then make your decision. Just my 2 cents worth. I speak from experiance though.lol
  6. firebug130

firebug130 Member

Thanks for the info, I will decide something soon. Maybe wait till end of year and get a good deal!! This will be a second truck for me.
  7. lodogg89

lodogg89 Senior Member

blizzard 760 is a nice light weight plow