1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Need Advice on older MM1

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by colin.cgoodwin, Apr 25, 2011.

1. colin.cgoodwin

colin.cgoodwin Junior Member

Hey-
    New to the site, love reading and learning about all the different things dedicated to plowing. I have a quick question. I just purchased this plow on ebay... http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=350456612412&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT
    The guy wanted 1,100 and I ended up getting it for $735 which I think is a great deal even if I have to put some money in it. It looks to me as it is an early MM model with the under the hood belt system. Would I be fine leaving it the way it is? What are some good sites to do maintenance during the summer? Will I be able to hook up this control http://www.centralparts.com/Accesso...rols/fisher-elec-joy-stick-minute-mount/6344/ to it without having to change selonoids? Any help much appreciated.
    Thanks,
    Goody

2. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

That is a under the hood belt driven MM1. You can't use that controler since that one is for electric/hydralic plows. You will have to use one of the old controlers with the big lever. What truck are you planing on putting this plow on?

Hear is the owner's manual for your plow http://library.fisherplows.com/fisherplows/pdf/6436_000895.pdf the controler is on page 11.

3. TJS

TJS PlowSite.com Addict

If you want to go elect. set up then you will need to look for a SEHP or an Insta act set up with wire harness and possible isolator module but they can be wired without them if you know how the system works and have a wiring diagram.
    T.J.

4. colin.cgoodwin

I picked up a 96 f250 5.8 a few months ago(after the snow was all gone). What is needed to convert to electric/hydro? Or is it not even worth it?

5. colin.cgoodwin

Do you think that's a good deal for the plow?

6. mercer_me

I'm pretty sure you could hook up the under the hood pump on your 1996 F-250. You will have to get a diferent mounting bracket for the pump unless it came off another F-250 with a 5.8. I personaly don't think it would be worth converting it over to electric/hydrolic.

7. colin.cgoodwin

Thanks for the great help, I appreciate it. If I wanted to replace the belt drive, which one would I buy and where from?

8. DareDog

DareDog PlowSite.com Addict

thats a great price for that plow, looks like all you have to do is paint the headgear up.

9. mercer_me

A Fisher dealer could get you every thing you need.