1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Need advice on installing a Boss plow on 09 F350

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by vjm764, Nov 15, 2014.

1. vjm764

vjm764 Junior Member

I just bought my first Ford and a new Boss 8'2" Stainless power V and I am looking for tips and suggestions from you guys that have been there. Things like, best place to mount pump solenoid or best way to route wiring thru engine bay, ect ect??? Thanks guys

2. Buswell Forest

Buswell Forest PlowSite.com Addict
    from NH

Try to copy and paste this to the BOSS plows forum. Might get an answer. I have my plows installed by the dealer, I am no help.

3. Ray

Ray PlowSite.com Veteran

Mount the solenoid close to the battery, I usually try to use existing holes to mount to. I'm not sure if the 09 has the hole through the firewall for a clutch or not but if it does use that. On my 12 I used the main harness pass through for the wiring harness. The directions for the plow call for drilling a 1-1/4" hole in the firewall.

4. vjm764

vjm764 Junior Member

Thanks, that was great advice. I didnt want to drill thru the firewall. You were right on with the solenoid placement. I have it all in and working now,

5. vjm764

vjm764 Junior Member

thanks for your help.