1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Need Advice On getting plow on lifted dually

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by Tooth and nail, Sep 23, 2009.

1. Tooth and nail

Tooth and nail Junior Member

How is it going guys.First day online.Problem I have is I need a 9 foot plow on my 07 chevy 3500 dually ,diesel ,classicinfo@hwcontracting.com.I have a 6 inch lift kit,22.5 rims with tractor trailer tires.Looks mint,problem is no plow installer wants to install it.I told them I would sign a hold harmless legal form , but to no avail.Tried Dejana in NY.Gawr in the front is 4,800.I figured weld 6 inch box steel to lower,anyone with a lifted truck or any suggestions???

2. bltp203

bltp203 Senior Member

I just had a competent welder fabricate extensions on my brackets.......You would need to install the mount first to see how far you needed to drop it. I hear GM mounts are not difficult to install.......probably could do it yourself and then go pickup the blade from the dealer.
  3. Deckscapes

Deckscapes Senior Member

I have a BOSS Undercarriage from an '06 GMC with a 4" lift. Truck was sold and I would sell the Undercarriage for $380 plus shipping if interested.
  4. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

It's not only the lift, it's the truck/plow combo.
  5. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Silly question, but what kind of air pressure do you run in those tires?
  6. Tooth and nail

Thanks,but I should have a new plow put on,on Tuesday
  7. Tooth and nail

55 to 60 is what the guy reco,when I bought them.First I think I over inflated,then under inflated.My front 2 I just bought 2 more , because my tread was looking like the "hills"-up here, down there.Then I think something angled the inside tread down to zero.I dont know what.This is my 3rd lifted chevy,and those inside front tread dont want to stay true.I always have alignment done and check front components,but to no avail.Going Monday to go to the mechanic see what he sees.Drives straight and true,and rides beautiful except those occasional bigger potholes.Rears wear pretty damn even, with I believe 70 lbs