1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Need advice on buying plow.. 2000 Blazer

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by itchyfishnv, Sep 6, 2004.

1. itchyfishnv

itchyfishnv Member

Hello new to the forum and im lookin on advice for buying a plow my winter beater.. 2000 chevy blazer, its a 4dr, 4wd runs good nothing wrong with it. I see that fisher and western make one for it, are those the only companies? Anyone in this forum plow with an S series blazer or pickup? Let me know. Thanx

2. Bolts Indus.

Bolts Indus. PlowSite.com Addict

Blizzard 680 LT.
  3. cjc810

cjc810 Member
    from RI

Do a search their is a picture with a Blizzard 680lt on a small blazer in this forum.
  4. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

check the western and fisher web sites my friend use a blazer to plow
  5. h_riderca

h_riderca Member

I have a 2001 Blazer with a Blizzard 680 plow on it.
  6. h_riderca

h_riderca Member

itchy - here are some pic's of the plow on the blazer from last year

side view.JPG

front night.JPG

touch pad.jpg
  7. itchyfishnv

itchyfishnv Member

sweet man, look tight. I was thinkin about doing something like that for the controls. only thing is, i dont wanna lose my cup colders for my "sodas".
    Nice pics

8. h_riderca

h_riderca Member

I solved that problem by attaching a cup loder that I got from an auto store to the front of the controller. I also added a cell phone holder . The pic that you see is the touch pad that I now keep as a spare controller. I bought the joystick controller which I like better becuase I don't have to look down to see where the buttons are on the touch pad.
  9. Jon Geer

Jon Geer Member

I would go with a BLIZZARD 680LT or 720LT. The vehicle will hold either plow just fine, and the extra width will come in handy.

Just my two pennies. :)
  10. itchyfishnv

itchyfishnv Member

isnt it only a difference of 4 inches? assuming 680 means 6 feet 8 inches? and 720 7 feet 2 inches? I was wondering this questions myself. I am going to check out the price difference when I go pick it up. This is my first plow so I might keep it small so i dont tear down peoples walls :)

11. itchyfishnv

itchyfishnv Member

oh yeah i forgot to mention im really good with math... i meant to say "difference of 6 inches"