1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Need advice on a bid

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by davidrbean, Dec 17, 2005.

1. davidrbean

davidrbean Member

I was asked to bid on a parking lot that has one section over top of another parking area. This area has some sort of rubberized layer to seal it I guess.I need to know if I will be OK using a section of PVC pipe over my cutting edge or if I should get a rubber edge. The owners don't want a steel edge used to prevent damage. Thanks:drinkup:

2. frostservices

frostservices Member

Shovel might work well lol sounds odd I guess I'd be a bit Leary of it is it approved for use where cars drive on it ? if it is you shouldn't have any probs I would be very careful not to spin your tires on it though. I would say bid it higher than a normal lot that size and make sure you have proper insurance.

3. lorentzlawnsnow

lorentzlawnsnow Senior Member

the pvc pipe will shatter if you try using it.

4. davidrbean

davidrbean Member

PHP:
    it approved for use where crs drive on it
    The lot is lined for parking and has access from the street.

5. davidrbean

davidrbean Member

The lot is lined for parking and has access from the street.

6. JKOOPERS

JKOOPERS Senior Member

we have some lots like that . we only use rubber blades for it and if you tried a stell blade it would just peel that crap right up .