1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

need advice on a 1995 chev. silverado 1500 turbo diesel

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by K.Hansen, Mar 22, 2011.

1. K.Hansen

K.Hansen Junior Member

I am looking at buying a 1995 chevrolet silverado turbo diesel, asking price is 6800.00... is this a good reliable truck?
  2. Squires

Squires Senior Member

They are known for a few problems with the engine, no power house either.
    thedieselplace.com is the place to go for 6.5L info, i had a 6.5N/A that was trouble free but have heard horror stories from some.
    The engine is heavier than the gas alternatives in the 1500 series, something to think about if buying for a plow rig.
  3. Rc2505

Rc2505 PlowSite.com Addict

You will most likely need timbrens on the front if your planning on putting a plow on it. To give you an idea. Last year I paid 7 grand for a 1995 K2500 with a 6.5 diesel in it. The truck is bare bones, no options, but came with a 525 Snowex spreader, and an 8 foot Fisher minute mount 1 plow. Oh by the way I know I got a deal, but the truck only had 57,000 orginal miles on it as well. So to answer your question, I think 6800 is high on that truck. I would guess more along the lines on 4500 or so.