1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Need Advice - MVP+ on 2000 Dodge 2500

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by jsimanella, Oct 15, 2009.

1. jsimanella

jsimanella Member

I've installed this and, so far, mostly good...

A couple of issues:

The plow when lifted, and blades are retracted, only sit about 4" above ground (at the rear corners). I installed with "Configuration 4", given the height of the truck - that's what was recommended. I used the middle setting of the 3, for the frame.

I don't believe this truck has the plow package - is there any way to tell if it does? This truck, naturally, sits very high. Even with the plow attached, it only drops a little more than an inch, at the wheel well (above the front axle).

I haven't put any ballast in the rear of the truck yet. Will this make that much of a difference, in getting the front end up?

I have the chains as tight as they can get, without blocking the plow first.

Any tips or tricks? Do I need beefier springs, or something else?

Thanks for any help!

John

2. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

hope that helps

3. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Look on the option code decal for the code "AHD". Thats Dodge's plow prep code.

Is the A-frame parallel to the ground with the blade down and on level ground?

With 4" of clearance at the wing tips I'm going to assume it's a 9.5 correct? If so that's not at all uncommon, even with only an inch of drop in the suspension. Ballast is helpful but so is simply bumping the wings forward when you need a little additional clearance during transit.

Normally I'd recommend a spring upgrade but with only an inch of drop it would be much benefit..but a set of spring spacers to bring the front of the truck up a bit would be.

4. jsimanella

jsimanella Member

Thanks for the replies.

Where can I find the option code decal, on a 2000 Dodge?

It's an 8.5, which is what has me worried. I spoke with Alan, at ES, and we decided to go to a "Configuration 2", which picked up about 1.5 to 2 inches. Truthfully, I expected more :(

I'll check on parallel tomorrow. We used the middle, of the 3 available settings - I assume that's what you mean.

It's still catching, on the corners, when pulling in/out of sloped driveways...

Any recommended spacers, if I need to go that route?

5. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Look on the driver side inner fender for the decal. If it's not there (many aren't) then it's a simple process to email Chrysler corporate with your VIN and they will email you the complete and very detailed buildsheet for your truck. It will identify any and all options the truck is equipped with.

Use this link to contact corporate. Buildsheet request form

And type "requesting build sheet" where the form asks "Please describe in one sentence the reason for contacting us." You'll have the full build sheet in your email inbox in a few days.

It's been most handy for me over the years.